Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mr. Putter & Tabby , Favorite Series

Mr. Putter & Tabby Pour the Tea

by Cynthia Rylant
pictures by Arthur Howard

I love that my 5 year old is smitten by this series of books. We started reading them when she was 3 and she still never tires of them. There are around 15 or so books in this lovely sweet series. Each one has three chapters each. In this first book, Mr. Putter, an elderly gentleman who lives alone, decides he needs a pet to help him feel less lonely. When he goes to the pet store they only have kittens. Mr. Putter finally finds the perfect companion for himself in Tabby. There loving gentle relationship begins!

This is a perfect series to read at bed time (although my daughter always yells again! at the end). It is also a great introduction to chapter books. At the library my daughter knows exactly where they are shelved. She feels very independent finding them and picking a couple out.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to look for one of these books - my sons love any story with cats.

    ReplyDelete