Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Favorite Authors : Ruth Krauss

Here are some more finds from the book sale. They are two little paperbacks by Ruth Krauss. The first one is "Everything Under A Mushroom" (pictures by Margot Tomes). The rhyming text is so adorable. All the scenes take place under this giant mushroom. The second one is called "Bears"(1948) and is illustrated by Phyllis Rowand. She does the entire book in black and brown. There are only 26 words! It is equally as sweet as the first book. It starts out.....
Bears, bears, bears, bears, bears
On the stairs,
Under chairs,
Washing hairs,
Giving Stares.....

My first Ruth Krauss book was ,"A Hole Is To Dig". Now I have a little collection going on. I'll have to keep an eye out for her most popular book , "The Carrot Seed."

1 comment:

  1. Amy~ ~
    So nice to meet you. Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I love meeting new friends.

    Years ago we had a wonderful used book store nearby but it is closed for some years now, and I miss it.

    If you would like to know more about the oil I mentioned visit my blog again and click on the link to my website. I've been teaching and marketing these oils for 12 years now and have seen amazing results. You can contact me from there.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete