Thursday, March 19, 2009

Seeds of Hope, Week 1

I think I may have a seed disorder. I love collecting the little packets different varieties. I usually sow them directly into the garden, but thought it might be a fun project to start some early.
I've been collecting yogurt cups, pudding cups and the bottoms of water bottles for a couple weeks now.

We poked three little holes in each cup and DD placed the seeds in the holes. These are cucumbers.



I lugged this industrial metal shelf up from the basement and sponged it down. I'm all about using what is at hand. I might have to get a little spray bottle 'cause I know seeds are fussy about not having too much water, but do like to stay moist to germinate.


Here is our little seed center so far. Smack dab in my bedroom window. I'm trying to ignore the fact that it looks like a bunch of garbage sitting in my window. I'll show you how they are progressing next week. No grow lights or warming pads, so fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. I have got to get my eggplants started. Everything else will go right into the garden, except the tomatoes & peppers which I will purchase at the Festival. Post up a few days ago.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete