Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow!

I read an article this morning that said 49 of the states currently had snow on the ground. Looks like we are all in this together for the time being. My 7 year told me her favorite thing in the world is playing in the snow at recess. One of my favorite things is curling up under the covers and reading a nice bedtime story. Here is a new favorite, by one of my favorite authors, celebrating snow.



Snow
by Cynthia Rylant
illustrated by Lauren Stringer

Together Rylant and Stringer have made a beautiful book that just gets better with each turn of the page. my daughter and I found ourselves lingering on each page, noticing the details, repeating the prose. Rylant shows us the day of a girl and her Grandmother, and sweetly describes the different types of snow. In the end Rylant tells us that "nothing lasts forever except memories" and reminds us we must enjoy it while it is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment